In 1947, Harry Hovey’s interest in Camp Babcock-Hovey was rekindled. He offer to build a conference and training facility to build a conference and training facility to the west of the parade field. When completed, it was will furnished, with a complete kitchen, insulation and heat. It was used as a movie theatre, Church, and general recreation building. After many difficulties, the new Hovey Training Lodge was completed at a cost of $26,705. It was dedicated on September 19, 1948.
It’s not the same not seeing that building as a part of the camp landscape