A new Health Lodge facility began taking shape in 1986. On June 28, 1987, the Morrow-Blondell Health Lodge was dedicated at the north end of the jamboree field.
The following article was published in the Finger Lakes Time July 7, 1987-
“The Finger Lakes Boy Scout Council dedicated the new $ 20 ,000 Morrow-Blondell Memorial Health Lodge at Camp Babcock-Hovey on June 28. The facility was built over the last two years from private contributions and will be open Sunday when the Boy Scout summer camping season begins.
The lodge is named in honor of Dr. J. Robert Morrow of Geneva, as was the previous health lodge, and in memory of Douglas M. Blondell, a member of Boy Scout Troop 69 of Clifton Springs, who was killed in an automobile accident.
Dr. Gary Morrow of Pittsfbrd, son of Dr. J. Robert Morrow, and Harold Blondell, now of Union Springs, father of Douglas Blondell, participated in the dedication ceremonies with Robert Docteur Sr. of Victor, president of the council.
Camp Babcock-Hovey is celebrating its Golden Jubilee year during 1987. The property was acquired in 1937 through the efforts of Birton Babcock and Harry Hovey, and was first used for summer camping during 1938. The camp is also the home of a two week camp for handicapped children, Camp Onseyawa, sponsored by the 24 Rotary clubs of Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates counties.”
PDF of Newspaper Article – 1987.07.07 – Health Lodge
Other donations for the health lodge were made in memory of the following individuals-
J. Walter Caves
Curtiss M. Cederstrom
Michael J. Clement
Ernest J. Darrow
Samuel Kutz, MD
Richard Rathburn, Jr.
Henry & Pauline Roenke
The flag pole at the health lodge was dedicated in 1991 to George Earl MacDonald